PUBLIC HEARING: ZONING CODE AND LAND SUBDIVISION TEXT AND MAP AMENDMENTS
From The City of Minneapolis:
ZONING CODE AND LAND SUBDIVISION TEXT AND MAP AMENDMENTS: Amending Title 20 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances related to the Zoning Code, as follows:
1. Replacing Chapter 520 Introductory Provisions with General Provisions.
2. Repealing Chapter 521 Zoning Districts and Maps Generally.
3. Replacing Chapter 525 Administration and Enforcement with Administration and Procedures.
4. Repealing Chapter 527 Planned Unit Development.
5. Repealing Chapter 529 Interim Ordinances.
6. Replacing Chapter 530 Site Plan Review with Zoning Districts.
7. Repealing Chapter 531 Nonconforming Uses and Structures.
8. Replacing Chapter 535 Regulations of General Applicability with Overlay Districts.
9. Repealing Chapter 536 Specific Development Standards.
10. Repealing Chapter 537 Accessory Uses and Structures.
11. Adding a new Chapter 540 Built Form Overlay Districts.
12. Repealing Chapter 541 Off-Street Parking, Loading, and Mobility.
13. Repealing Chapter 543 On-Premises Signs.
14. Repealing Chapter 544 Off-Premise Signs and Billboards.
15. Adding a new Chapter 545 Use Regulations.
16. Repealing Chapter 546 Residence Districts.
17. Repealing Chapter 547 Office Residence Districts.
18. Repealing Chapter 548 Commercial Districts.
19. Repealing Chapter 549 Downtown Districts.
20. Replacing 550 Industrial Districts with Development Standards.
21. Repealing Chapter 551 Overlay Districts.
22. Repealing Chapter 552 Built Form Overlay Districts.
23. Adding a new Chapter 555 Off-Street Parking, Loading, and Mobility.
24. Adding a new Chapter 560 Signs.
25. Adding a new Chapter 565 Definitions.
Amending Title 22 of the Minneapolis Code of Ordinances as follows:
Chapter 598 Land Subdivision Regulations.
The purpose of the amendment is to implement the land use policies of Minneapolis 2040, including repealing all existing chapters within the Zoning Code, establishing new zoning chapters and zoning districts, and replacing citywide primary and overlay district maps accordingly.
The City Planning Commission will meet on Monday, April 24, 2023, at 4:30 p.m., in Room 317 City Hall, 350 S 5th St, Minneapolis, MN. Interested parties are invited to attend and be heard. Planning Department staff will issue a recommendation to the Planning Commission. After hearing from the public, the Planning Commission will make a determination based on required legal findings of fact. Please visit www.lims.minneapolismn.gov/IndependentBodies/IndependentBodiesMeetings/CPC for the agenda with staff reports (web page will be updated by the end of the day Wednesday prior to the meeting date).
If you have questions about this Amendment, please contact the City staff persons listed below.
If you would like to submit comments, you may make them verbally at the meeting or submit them in writing or email to:
Janelle Widmeier, Principal Planner, 612-673-3156, email@example.com
Joe Bernard, Planning Project Manager, 612-673-2422, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Wittenberg, Planning Manager, 612-673-2297, email@example.com
Andrew Frenz, Principal Planner, 612-673-3790, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Planning & Economic Development
Land Use Design & Preservation – Code Development
505 4th Avenue South, #320
Minneapolis MN 55415
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact 612-673-2216. People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-263-6850.
Para asistencia, llame al 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay